Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Sorcerer's Spell by Dani Kristoff



From NetGalley in exchange for honest review



*** Rated 2 Stars ***

It has taken me a while to finish this book. Which isn't a good sign, as when I love a book I'm not able to put it down.

Though I did find the concept and the story quite interesting. A sorcerer has been hexed by a sorceress, and to make her release him from the spell he has no other choice then to use a binding spell on her. But she is more powerful then he knows and she manages to swap bodies with a woman. And so the woman (now in the sorceress' body) and the sorcerer are bound to each other while trying to sort out all the mess.
The story as quite a few hot scenes too, and they are written well.

So far it sounds good, so why only 2 stars you might ask?

Well mainly it's the writing style. I can't really put my finger on it, but it seems... unfinished? Juvenile? Whatever it was, it kinda ruined the story for me.
It also ends with a lot of unanswered questions, like why did the evil sorceress do all these things? Who was behind it all?
Which might possibly mean that it's leading up to a sequel, like so many books do these days. 

All in all, an ok read. You might be interested if you enjoy books involving magic and sex. For me it was slightly disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment